About Me

My photo
I'm Charity. I am a born and bred, die hard South African. Rooted to the land,fascinated by the cultural diversity,conscious of our history,engaged in our present and committed to our future. I espouse responsible citizenship and patriotism as a means to defining national identity. (See My SA Links)

Thursday, 31 January 2008

Stand up

While writing my last blog, I lost my internet connection (not as a result of power cut) and was left with a blank space where my draft post had been. Of course, when you're writing directly to PC, as I often do, it is difficult to recapture the spirit and repeat as eloquently, the words of the original thought process. I had no-one to blame and much as I had an inclination to smack the screen, I dare not mess with the sensitive hardware that is my irreplaceable tool of work and play.
One of the things that I couldn't adequately articulate in my second sitting, relates to how we can convey our collective views as citizens in order to influence government’s response to urgent issues, such as the electricity shortage that is threatening to paralyse the country. Another, is the incorporation of the Scorpions (South Africa’s FBI) into the SAPS.
My thinking is that there must be a formal census to confirm the mandate for certain actions contemplated by government. Some things demand more than gripes in the media, they demand that we put ourselves out as a collective in demonstration of our will.
Surely that's what DEMOCRACY requires of us.

No comments:

2010 World Cup Countdown

Web Search

Google