About Me

My photo
I'm Charity. I am a born and bred, die hard South African. Rooted to the land,fascinated by the cultural diversity,conscious of our history,engaged in our present and committed to our future. I espouse responsible citizenship and patriotism as a means to defining national identity. (See My SA Links)

Monday, 18 August 2008

Khotso Mokoena Ends SA's Olympic Medal Drought


Long Jumper Khotso Mokoena has ended SA's Olympic drought by winning silver in Beijing.

He put in a worthy performance that very nearly earned him the gold. Well done Khotso!

In the last week of the Olympics, perhaps our strongest remaining medal hopefuls are Siphiso Nhlapo - BMX cyclist (final scheduled for Thursday, 21st) and Mbulaeni Mulaudzi in the 800m (the final is scheduled for Saturday, 23rd).




No comments:

2010 World Cup Countdown

Web Search

Google