About Me

My photo
I'm Charity. I am a born and bred, die hard South African. Rooted to the land,fascinated by the cultural diversity,conscious of our history,engaged in our present and committed to our future. I espouse responsible citizenship and patriotism as a means to defining national identity. (See My SA Links)

Wednesday, 05 November 2008

Barack Obama captures US Presidency and inspires the world


Yes, the election of Barack Obama as the first Black President of the USA will be recorded as a historic occasion. There are far too many dimensions on which to evaluate this victory, to try to do justice to it in this space. I will just say that the earth moved - or maybe it was just the piece I was standing on.

The world agreed in a symbolic vote with Americans, and for this reason I am hopeful that today will mark the beginning of a global paradigm shift in political leadership that pushes beyond the borders of America...

Barack Obama is an icon of opportunity and inspirational leadership for our generation, and I wish him all the success and fulfilment in his Presidency.

No comments:

2010 World Cup Countdown

Web Search

Google