About Me

My photo
I'm Charity. I am a born and bred, die hard South African. Rooted to the land,fascinated by the cultural diversity,conscious of our history,engaged in our present and committed to our future. I espouse responsible citizenship and patriotism as a means to defining national identity. (See My SA Links)

Friday, 18 April 2008

In Recovery

It's been said that there are as many opinions on a given topic as people. I believe it! Just remember the last time you were sitting with a group of people discussing a hot topic. My favourite this week - do we really know what's going on in Zim?

We've also come to an "in principle" agreement as people, that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. So I have mine, you yours, etc. etc.

I'm glad for that because opinions give shape to broader thought that can be shared and developed to bring about new choices for improving the world.

But there are those occasions when opinions, so many, can just give you a headache... I've had one for the past 2 weeks. I knew by Day 4 that what had become a continous dull ache was in fact a side effect of intense feeding on the overpowering information buffet.

There's just so much going on and I have this compulsive need to know. But I will "save myself" - working on a recovery plan that involves not devouring every published opinion on the latest headlines - wish me luck. And the same to you.

No comments:

2010 World Cup Countdown

Web Search

Google